Posts Tagged ‘money’
Today I was down another pound, so down a net of a pound and a half. And I ate very well today! $1.50 well, to be exact.
Breakfast was a banana peanut butter almond milk vegan protein shake made with Sun Warrior protein. +50 cents
Lunch was a salad and minestrone soup. +50 cents
Dinner was Shepherd’s Pie made with organic grass fed beef. Neutral meal.
Snake was pineapple. It ALMOST was Ben and Jerry’s, but I resisted temptation. I really wanted my 50 cents!! +50 cents
My workout went well, too! Had room today to do Buns of Steel, and it was really hard today, which is great. It feels like it is getting harder in a way because I am pushing more, so that is good. I also tried my Ballet Beautiful Swan Arm workout, which was 15 minutes long. It was SO hard!! Very calming, but very effective for sure. It was totally worth $8 to buy it streaming. It is a really great workout. I also added TAM standing abs (Valentine’s Day and Stacy training YouTube videos), which is six minutes long, and then I did four minutes of some free-style leg exercises (which were hard). So I made $2.50 working out today!
So I made $1.50 + 2.50 = $4.00 today! : ) Very happy with that!
I would get more of the Ballet Beautiful streaming videos, but that takes me to another part of my blog: Budget! I already used up my “allowance” for the month, so no more buying until February. :/
Do you guys know who Gail Vaz-Oxlade is? She has a show on CNBC called “Til Debt Do Us Part.” She is FANTASTIC! She also has a few books about money. I have always been into finance, but I haven’t always been the best at it, and I got myself in trouble a few years ago. Not HUGE trouble, but I definitely wasn’t as responsible with money as I should have been. My husband is fantastic at it. So this year, I really want to take the responsible plunge and become more strict with myself. Last year (even last month), I would have just bought all the streaming videos, but since I used up my money for a month (I bought the new Naked 2 Palette from Urban Decay at Sephora online, as well as a few other things), so no more fun shopping for myself. And I don’t want to use my exercise/eating money, because that is for the BIG gift at the end of the year.
Gail is all about the Jar System (it is like the envelope system) and using cash and not debit cards to pay for daily things. This year, I would really like to get control of many aspects of my life, like shopping and being healthy, as well as getting more organized. Shopping and eating have always gone hand-in-hand for me. If I was happy or sad, I would shop and then eat a fun meal to keep that “high” up, which I am sure I am not alone in this. Also, my husband and I eat out WAY too much, especially while I was in Houston last year, so I am going to try to cook a lot more, especially from scratch. I feel like it would be SO easy to eat a bunch of cheap crap, but then I would just be more fat, so I DON’T want to skimp on healthy food to save a buck. It will definitely be a challenge to cook healthy on a budget. I am hoping to even start gardening this year to save some money, so we will see if that will happen.
Have a great evening! <3
Sorry I haven’t written in a while. I have been a bit depressed lately.
Usually I try to write a post that people will learn something from, but this is going to be a vent/ life post, if that’s all right.
I am so beyond done with this year, it’s not even funny. Having been dealing with my sister’s re-diagnosis for cancer at the end of last year, having to be away from my husband for seven months with a few visits in between while I’m helping out my family deal with chemo and hospitals, and being so drained (especially all-the-sudden lately) has taken its toll.
To quote Marilyn Monroe, I feel like I keep getting, “the fuzzy end of the lollipop.” Does anyone feel like their life seems constantly on hold, like you’re not anywhere close to where you thought you would be seven years ago?
And then to add insult to injury, even the “little” things I have been looking forward to seem to be a constant disappointment. My sister is completely obsessed with makeup, even more than I am, and we went to Sephora to try the new Temptu system, which she really wanted to get.
DISAPPOINTMENT! It looked horrible on her and made her skin look bad.
We went to “Burlesque” the other day, thinking the movie would be fab.
DISAPPOINTMENT! Almost-plots are never a good thing.
I bought some really expensive clip-in hair extensions because I am sick to death of my short hair, only to realize that because my hair is so short, I needed to buy two packages. Now I realize I should have sprung for REALLY expensive hair extensions (like Head Kandy), but it’s too late now, and Sally Beauty Supply doesn’t accept returns on hair extensions.
Obviously, those things are total frivolous, but it’s sometimes the small things that make life great, and those and other small things in my life seem to a constant disappointment.
My sister, husband, family, and I are all Christians. Some people expect Christians to always be these happy, phony people who live in La-La Land and not the real world. Completely not the case. And God doesn’t give us a free hand, either. One of my amazing friends told my sister while she lay sick in the hospital that God feels pain, too, and we can experience God’s love but always experience His pain. People only like to have good things happen in life, but without the bad, why would we even need God to depend on? What test would that be? God is pained, and sometimes deep, deep pain and going through that is the only way we can know God a little more.
No one wants to be inspired by someone who has it all and keeps having it all. People are inspired by the Under Dog who still makes it despite everything that happened to them. I feel like my family is caught in this dead end storm, but even storms do end. I pray that next year is just better overall. I want good things to happen for my family and friends who have been hit hard this year with sickness, death, and money problems. *Queue cheesy “This is My Christmas List” song in background. I don’t even know who sings that! It’s so bad, but so apropo right now.*
So what are you guys looking forward to being over with this year? What are your New Year’s Resolutions? I always feel better if when I am depressed, I end on a happier note, and lists and goals are always such an uplifting thing.
1. Finish up with school online. I am almost done with my schooling!! I REALLY need to finish it. I studied court reporting in school, I have passed half of my tests and need to pass two more to become a certified shorthand reporter.
2. Pay off debt! I bought Gail Vaz-Oxlade’s “Debt-Free Forever” book, and it is great. She is the host of “‘Til Debt Do Us Part” and is a true genius of telling you exactly what you need to do to get out of debt in X amount of years. I’ll do a review later on it.
I also need to STOP BUYING STUFF. I have realized I have two extremes, shopping and eating. I will either be exercising, looking good and wanting to feed my need of something, so I will want to shop, or I will want to celebrate and eat something. Both of these also work when I am depressed, unfortunately.
3. Keep up with Tracy Anderson. Okay, guys, I have to admit, I have slacked off a bit after the Bootcamp and have had a lot of Eggnog, like, A LOT. I honestly have no idea how I did her workout during TWO stays in the hospital, because this last time my sis was in, I only worked out two times. And I already miss it a lot, and I miss her meals. But I want to keep it up because I love the results I have and I love the way I feel. So to get back into it feet first! I am not waiting until the New Year for this, though, I just need to kick my own bottom a bit and start TODAY, which is my plan.
4. Finish designing for my line. I am in the sloooooooow process of getting a purse line (hopefully clothes to follow) out and I need to finish it. Once my sister is better and I get to go back home, I would like to get my Associates in Fashion Design!
5. Organize. I need to get my house in order big time.
6. Time management. I really need to get more on a set schedule in my life. I want to get up early, do my workouts in the morning before work, and just get more organized in that area. I think I waste too much time on Facebook sometimes. :p
7. Toxic Relationship. I have a friendship that I was finally able to end, and I hope it lasts now!!
And those are my goals. I think they are doable. What about you guys? What are your goals? Thanks for listening. <3